jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From xor exor <makka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NodeType.setProperty behaviour
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2010 15:15:23 GMT
On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 5:06 PM, Alexander Klimetschek <aklimets@day.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 13:57, xor exor <makkalot@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Well for example i'm getting the date as 2010 12 1 17:00 GMT+2 the time
> that
> > i get from
> > ISO8601.format is OK i mean it is GMT0 15:00 then i try to save that
> value
> > to db with setProperty the date value is messed to something like GMT+4
> > 19:00
>
> Should be obvious: 15:00 GMT+00:00 == 19:00 GMT+04:00

Of course it is but what i want to do is save time in database as  15:00
GMT+00:00 not as
19:00 GMT+04:00 that is what my method is doing (which source is in my first
post). My method is creating a Calendar with GMT0 as timezone and passing it
to setProperty method ,but somehow my date is messed and saved differently
(with different timezone)to database that is the problem. I hope that is
clearer.

> The java.util.Calendar object contains the timezone (to be exact: the
> timezone difference, ie. +4 in this case) and this is stored in JCR as
> well. So normally just taking a Calendar object in the local timezone
> and giving it to JCR works well.

Yeah i know what i want is to save a calendar with GMT0 to database
correctly not with local timezone.

> Everything else can be done by using operations on the Calendar object
> to convert from and to other timezones. Which is a topic on its own,
> that can be answered by Google ;-)

Thanks but i googled it a lot ;) I think the problem is how setProperty
handles the dates. Should look at source for more specific info.