jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: jackrabbit 2.0 binary search indexing
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2010 21:39:20 GMT
On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 18:35, ChadDavis <chadmichaeldavis@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm looking for information on how to enable binary search indexing.
> I found documentation for pre-2.0 jackrabbit, and reference to the
> fact that Tika is now used internally for the binary indexing.
> However, I can't find any documentation of how to enable the binary
> indexing . . ..

It is enabled for all nt:file binaries, ie. the jcr:content/jcr:data
property. The mimetype for text extraction is taken from the
jcr:content/jcr:mimeType property. I don't know if you can enable it
for other binary properties.

For the search configuration in general, see [1]. I don't know if the
TextExtractor config described there is still valid wrt to the use of
Tika in Jackrabbit 2.0.

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/Search#Search_Configuration

Regards,
Alex