jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit 2.0.0 query language choices
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2010 14:28:40 GMT
On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 14:31, Will Scheidegger <willscheidegger@mac.com> wrote:
> Xpath is a very good choice for searching in tree structures. Things like
>
> /jcr:root/path/to/elements//element(*, elementType)[path/to/subelement/@attribute = 'value']
>
> are not possible with SQL. Don't know about SQL2 or JQOM though...

This should be possible with JQM / JCR-SQL2 due to the flexible joins
on nodes/child nodes, however I am not yet fluent enough in these to
convert that query ;-)

> Does anyone know what the reasons were for deprecating Xpath in JCR 2.0?

Basically JCR 2.0 no longer prescribes a query language, only the
abstract query model. jcr-sql2 is "just" a convenience mapping of that
language. The idea is that general-purpose libraries are built that
map xpath etc. onto the new AQM.

For more details see http://markmail.org/message/wwadh4disbf5iiej and
the rest of that thread.

Regards,