jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: What are workspaces?
Date Mon, 15 Feb 2010 11:26:47 GMT
On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 19:25, Rakesh Vidyadharan <rakesh@sptci.com> wrote:
> I was playing around with workspaces and ran into unexpected behaviours.  It seems that
regardless of the workspace my session is bound to, I see the same set of nodes (using same
credentials).  I created the workspace with just name (without option to clone an existing
workspace), then got a session to the newly created workspace expecting no nodes (other than
system generated ones), but was surprised to see the exact same nodes as I usually see with
the default workspace.  I then switched to the security workspace and saw the same data.

This is weird. Was it your custom nodes that you saw in both workspaces?

Maybe your repository configuration (<Workspace> template in
repository.xml) is somewhat broken and lets all workspaces point to
the same directory / db tables / etc. Could you post the
repository.xml and workspace.xml files?

Regards,
Alex

--