jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: performance
Date Wed, 10 Feb 2010 15:12:59 GMT
On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 15:45, Guo Du <mrduguo@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just curious that is there any performance difference between query
> languages: xpath, sql, JCR-SQL2, JCR-JQOM?

There shouldn't be any notable difference, as they are all transformed
into a lucene query that runs on the lucene index. Small differences
could be in parsing times, but I doubt they have an impact.

Also, some query languages offer features that others don't have. Most
notably, the new JCR-SQL2 / JQOM allow for joins, which could be a bit
slower than not using a join (but I have no experience with that yet
to judge it). But that's a bit like comparing apples with oranges ;-)

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek