jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: performance
Date Wed, 10 Feb 2010 14:24:08 GMT

Did you look at http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/PersistenceManagerFAQ?

> * I didn't find either some page helping to configure lucene indexes to make
> the search faster. Can you send me any link for this also?

You can't improve that much by configuration. It depends on your
content model and queries. The fastest query type is when looking for
specific property values (eg. @property='value') or node types via
element(*, my:nodetype) (which resolves to the same property lookup in
Lucene internally), or using fulltext lookups (jcr:contains). Path
steps are not optimized.

See also http://n4.nabble.com/Explanation-and-solutions-of-some-Jackrabbit-queries-regarding-performance-td516614.html#a516614

Regards,
Alex