jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Revision cleanup
Date Tue, 09 Feb 2010 10:38:39 GMT
On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 22:27, Michael Yin <MYin@theladders.com> wrote:
> So, just to get specific,  I could delete the contents of the JOURNAL
> table and change REVISION_ID in GLOBAL_REVISION to 0?

Note that these revision IDs are revision numbers for the
journal/clustering and have nothing to do with JCR versions stored in
the repository. For each persistent save() in one of the cluster
nodes, a new revision is handled by the cluster. You should not change
the journal table.

What Guo meant is to delete the table that holds the (virtual) version
workspace, defined under <Versioning> in the repository.xml.  The name
of that db table depends on the config (mainly schemaObjectPrefix).
AFAIK that approach should work, however make sure you make backups
before trying that!

Regards,
Alex

--