jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Revision cleanup
Date Tue, 09 Feb 2010 10:38:39 GMT
On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 22:27, Michael Yin <MYin@theladders.com> wrote:
> So, just to get specific,  I could delete the contents of the JOURNAL
> table and change REVISION_ID in GLOBAL_REVISION to 0?

Note that these revision IDs are revision numbers for the
journal/clustering and have nothing to do with JCR versions stored in
the repository. For each persistent save() in one of the cluster
nodes, a new revision is handled by the cluster. You should not change
the journal table.

What Guo meant is to delete the table that holds the (virtual) version
workspace, defined under <Versioning> in the repository.xml.  The name
of that db table depends on the config (mainly schemaObjectPrefix).
AFAIK that approach should work, however make sure you make backups
before trying that!

Alexander Klimetschek

View raw message