jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Repository migration
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2010 14:53:23 GMT
On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 13:20, Davide Maestroni
<davide.maestroni@gmail.com> wrote:
> What I want to know is if I can fix a node by just overwriting it. If, for
> example, the property of a node becomes mandatory, and a node already exist
> without any value set for it, can I just fix it by explicitly (not in the
> node type definition) setting a value for the missing property?

Yes, this should work fine. Mandatory constraints are checked upon
save(). Only property allowed, type and value constraints are checked
upon setting the property. AFAIK you should also be able to remove
properties that are no longer allowed by the new node type.

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek