jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Luiz Fernando Teston <feu.tes...@caravelatech.com>
Subject correct way to shutdown the repository to stop rebuilding indexes every startup
Date Wed, 17 Feb 2010 01:05:02 GMT
Folks,

I worked a long time on a development environment using only in memory data,
so at this time I didn't take care of anything related to the lifecycle. In
a few weeks my project started to do lots of stress tests using the Postgres
bundle as a persistence manager and the file system as a fsManager. So, I
see that every restart my jackrabbit configuration starts to rebuild the
indexes. And in some cases it takes a really long time. I just forgot to
shutdown the repository. So, I started to do this shutdown using the
shutdown method on repository by casting it as a RepositoryImpl . The
shutdown method are been called, but the indexes are still been rebuilt.
So two questions here:
- Is this the correct way to shutdown a jackrabbit repository on a
production environment?
- Did I forgot something else? Maybe I configure this behavior by mistake?

Thanks a lot!

Teston