jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Luiz Fernando Teston <feu.tes...@caravelatech.com>
Subject Re: performance
Date Wed, 10 Feb 2010 15:53:21 GMT
Guo,

Just curious that is there any performance difference between query
> languages: xpath, sql, JCR-SQL2, JCR-JQOM?
>
> I don't know. I'm using only xpath

> The default repository configuration is already very optimized: embed
> derby + file store. You cannot get better performance by using remote
> db such as mysql.

I'm trying it with postgresql, but gonna test also with file system to see
if it improves the performance or not.

Write to disk is much expensive than read in general, so it's
> expected. Repository is best for content system, assume most action
> are read operation, hope your stress test reflect the read/write
> radio. You could aggressively improve read performance by add a cache
> layer in your application if applicable.

We cache information a lot when possible. But this stress test I'm running
will be a massive import. So it has lots of writes and also some queries to
avoid duplicate data. It's a very uncommon scenario.

Thanks for the feedback!

Teston