jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Luiz Fernando Teston <feu.tes...@caravelatech.com>
Subject performance
Date Wed, 10 Feb 2010 14:10:38 GMT
Hi,

I use jackrabbit 1.6.0 on mac os X on my application. I'm running a few
stress tests on my application right now. I just got a few performance
problems and I'd like to change my configuration to get optimal performance.
So, here I got few questions:

* To achieve optimal performance may I use some DatabasePersitenceManager,
FileSystemPersistenceManager or there's another one wich is good for optimal
performance? Of course I can't use in memory in this case.
* I didn't find any example of repository.xml configured to get optimal
performance. Do you guys can send me any link or example file?
* I didn't find either some page helping to configure lucene indexes to make
the search faster. Can you send me any link for this also?

I'm using Jackrabbit on the same VM as the client code, and also, I'm not
using RMI or something like this. It spends much time saving, and less time
performing queries to see if a node exists or not before saving. Most of the
code is using the Davids model. Most of the data are hierarchical. I think
most of the XPaths rely on this (I just read it is bad).

Of course, I appreciate if you have any other advice to me to achieve a
faster performance!

Regards,

Teston