jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Potential performance improvement?
Date Mon, 15 Feb 2010 12:28:03 GMT
On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 14:47, Alexander Klimetschek <aklimets@day.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 13:33, Marcel Reutegger
> <marcel.reutegger@gmx.net> wrote:
>> jackrabbit does it in a similar way for quite some time now.
>
> To me it sounds like this partial-temporary-indexing feature should be
> part of Lucene directly (configurable, of course).

well, it's not that easy. jackrabbit makes use of many assumptions and
implementation specific properties of the content that is indexed.
e.g. nodes are uniquely identifiable and it is not required to
immediately persist the index on commit. it is sufficient that a redo
log contains enough information to replay the changes. all this cannot
be moved easily into a more generic library like lucene. however there
is interesting work going on with the near-real-time index that we
might want to use in the future.

regards
 marcel