jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From <Sascha.The...@innovations.de>
Subject RepositoryCopier and power breakdown
Date Thu, 11 Feb 2010 16:40:21 GMT
Hi all,

we use the RepositoryCopier to backup our repository. That works good
for us until we had a power breakdown during the backup process. The
RepositoryCopier was copying the repository when the power cuts off. The
next start of Jackrabbit was unsuccessful. We could not start Jackrabbit
anymore until we deleted the lucene indexes from disc. After that it
seems that jackrabbit works correctly.

My question is: Is there a potential risk of data corruption (or data
loss) in jackrabbit when a power breakdown occurs? Is that issue related
to the RepositoryCopier or could we get the same error without it?

However, I do not have a stack trace anymore and it seems that it
happens not all the time if we try to fake a power breakdown.

Any ideas what causes the problem?

We are using Jackrabbit 1.6.0

Kind Regards

Sascha Theves