jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From François Cassistat...@maya-systems.com>
Subject Re: getRootNode() takes 27 seconds...
Date Fri, 26 Feb 2010 20:04:30 GMT
Hmm, this is weird.

If I use session.getNode("/path/to/some/node"); at start, it works in 2 seconds

If I use session.getNode("/"); it takes 25 seconds...

Under /, there is only two nodes (jcr:system) and my application root node.

Once found, I get the root in 0ms, but maybe it is cached.

Le 2010-02-26 à 2:26 PM, François Cassistat a écrit :

> Rakesh,
>
> Each time I create a connection and get the root node.
>
> After that, each access to a node seems a little slow, so querying and fetching the 1500
nodes described below take one or two minutes, but maybe decreasing the number of nodes could
help. But here, nothing as dramatic as 27 seconds for one node.

> Le 2010-02-26 à 2:14 PM, Rakesh Vidyadharan a écrit :
>

>> On 26 Feb 2010, at 12:51, François Cassistat wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks Rakesh for your reply,
>>>
>>> actually root have only one node, below 2 or 3 levels of that of that there is
one node with 1500 nodes, this is the maximum. All other nodes have between 0 and 10 nodes.

>>> 1500 may be a lot and I may implements a tree strategy to decrease the number
of child of this node. But does that sub-sub-sub-sub-node make the getRootNode() going that
slow?

>> No, that should not affect the root node retrieval.  Is the time to access repeatable,
or just the first time?

>> Rakesh

now Jackrabbit takes 27 seconds to get the root node, is it normal? Maybe it is because am
I using the standalone server (2.0)? Also I am making tests since jcr2spi.

modifications to repository.xml

(and not repository configuration).  The general recommendation is to try and keep child nodes
low (1000 does not seem too bad in my experience), but not 25K under a single parent.