jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Rakesh Vidyadharan <rak...@sptci.com>
Subject Re: getRootNode() takes 27 seconds...
Date Fri, 26 Feb 2010 19:14:11 GMT

On 26 Feb 2010, at 12:51, François Cassistat wrote:

> Thanks Rakesh for your reply,
>
> actually root have only one node, below 2 or 3 levels of that of that there is one node
with 1500 nodes, this is the maximum. All other nodes have between 0 and 10 nodes.

> 1500 may be a lot and I may implements a tree strategy to decrease the number of child
of this node. But does that sub-sub-sub-sub-node make the getRootNode() going that slow?

No, that should not affect the root node retrieval.  Is the time to access repeatable, or
just the first time?

Rakesh

> Le 2010-02-26 à 1:16 PM, Rakesh Vidyadharan a écrit :
>

>> On 26 Feb 2010, at 11:32, François Cassistat wrote:
>>
>>> I have inserted ~25K nodes with ~1500 files (about 1.6G of files) and now Jackrabbit
takes 27 seconds to get the root node, is it normal? Maybe it is because am I using the standalone
server (2.0)? Also I am making tests since jcr2spi.

>>> I'm a newbie with JackRabbit configuration files, so I did not make much modifications
to repository.xml

>> In my experience the biggest issue is the number of child nodes under a parent (and
not repository configuration).  The general recommendation is to try and keep child nodes
low (1000 does not seem too bad in my experience), but not 25K under a single parent.