jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From François Cassistat...@maya-systems.com>
Subject Re: getRootNode() takes 27 seconds...
Date Fri, 26 Feb 2010 21:09:38 GMT
No, nearly the same time.

Le 2010-02-26 à 3:40 PM, Rakesh Vidyadharan a écrit :

> Is there any difference in performance between session.getRootNode() and session.getNode("/")?
>
> Rajesh
>
> On Feb 26, 2010, at 2:04 PM, François Cassistat <f@maya-systems.com> wrote:
>
>> Hmm, this is weird.
>>
>> If I use session.getNode("/path/to/some/node"); at start, it works in 2 seconds
>>
>> If I use session.getNode("/"); it takes 25 seconds...
>>
>> Under /, there is only two nodes (jcr:system) and my application root node.
>>
>> Once found, I get the root in 0ms, but maybe it is cached.

>> Le 2010-02-26 à 2:26 PM, François Cassistat a écrit :
>>
>>> Rakesh,
>>>
>>> Each time I create a connection and get the root node.
>>>
>>> After that, each access to a node seems a little slow, so querying and fetching
the 1500 nodes described below take one or two minutes, but maybe decreasing the number of
nodes could help. But here, nothing as dramatic as 27 seconds for one node.

there is one node with 1500 nodes, this is the maximum. All other nodes have between 0 and
10 nodes.

number of child of this node. But does that sub-sub-sub-sub-node make the getRootNode() going
that slow?

repeatable, or just the first time?

and now Jackrabbit takes 27 seconds to get the root node, is it normal? Maybe it is because
am I using the standalone server (2.0)? Also I am making tests since jcr2spi.

make much modifications to repository.xml

a parent (and not repository configuration).  The general recommendation is to try and keep
child nodes low (1000 does not seem too bad in my experience), but not 25K under a single
parent.