jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From François Cassistat...@maya-systems.com>
Subject Re: getRootNode() takes 27 seconds...
Date Fri, 26 Feb 2010 18:51:34 GMT
Thanks Rakesh for your reply,

actually root have only one node, below 2 or 3 levels of that of that there is one node with
1500 nodes, this is the maximum. All other nodes have between 0 and 10 nodes.

1500 may be a lot and I may implements a tree strategy to decrease the number of child of
this node. But does that sub-sub-sub-sub-node make the getRootNode() going that slow?

Le 2010-02-26 à 1:16 PM, Rakesh Vidyadharan a écrit :

> On 26 Feb 2010, at 11:32, François Cassistat wrote:
>
>> I have inserted ~25K nodes with ~1500 files (about 1.6G of files) and now Jackrabbit
takes 27 seconds to get the root node, is it normal? Maybe it is because am I using the standalone
server (2.0)? Also I am making tests since jcr2spi.

>> I'm a newbie with JackRabbit configuration files, so I did not make much modifications
to repository.xml

> In my experience the biggest issue is the number of child nodes under a parent (and not
repository configuration).  The general recommendation is to try and keep child nodes low
(1000 does not seem too bad in my experience), but not 25K under a single parent.