jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: getRootNode() takes 27 seconds...
Date Sat, 27 Feb 2010 15:17:17 GMT
2010/2/26 François Cassistat <f@maya-systems.com>:
> Thanks Rakesh for your reply,
>
> actually root have only one node, below 2 or 3 levels of that of that there is one node
with 1500 nodes, this is the maximum. All other nodes have between 0 and 10 nodes.

> 1500 may be a lot

no, it's not ;), and 20k child nodes shouldn't be a problem either
with your configuration (embedded derby).

cheers
stefan

> and I may implements a tree strategy to decrease the number of child of this node. But
does that sub-sub-sub-sub-node make the getRootNode() going that slow?

if you're using a remote client which does deep bulk fetches,
Session.getRootNode() might not just get the root node from the
server, but a subtree in order to minimize the number of subsequent
server-roundtrips when traversing the hierarchy.

cheers
stefan

> Le 2010-02-26 à 1:16 PM, Rakesh Vidyadharan a écrit :
>

>> On 26 Feb 2010, at 11:32, François Cassistat wrote:
>>
>>> I have inserted ~25K nodes with ~1500 files (about 1.6G of files) and now Jackrabbit
takes 27 seconds to get the root node, is it normal? Maybe it is because am I using the standalone
server (2.0)? Also I am making tests since jcr2spi.

>>> I'm a newbie with JackRabbit configuration files, so I did not make much modifications
to repository.xml

>> In my experience the biggest issue is the number of child nodes under a parent (and
not repository configuration).  The general recommendation is to try and keep child nodes
low (1000 does not seem too bad in my experience), but not 25K under a single parent.