jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: import with a contentHandler
Date Wed, 17 Feb 2010 11:02:05 GMT
On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 1:38 AM, ChadDavis <chadmichaeldavis@gmail.com> wrote:
> Until I recently read through the specification, I was assuming that
> the contentHandler import methods would allow me to write my own
> contentHandler methods to process the incoming data.  But it doesn't
> seem to work like that.  In fact, I can't really figure out how it
> works.
>
> Can some one explain the usage of the ContentHandler import mechanism?

you can e.g. write your own sax ContentHandler,  wrapping/decorating the
one returned by Session/Workspace#getImportContentHandler().

in your implementation you could for example manipulate/filter the sax events
reported by the sax parser before feeding them to the underlying
content handler.

cheers
stefan