jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Rakesh Vidyadharan <rak...@sptci.com>
Subject Re: repo browser
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2010 21:08:03 GMT

On 18 Feb 2010, at 12:25, ChadDavis wrote:

>> No, it is just a virtual path mapped to the servlet for the application.  Just http://<your
server>:<port>/jcrviewer/ should do the trick.
> I used this . . .
> http://localhost:8080/jcrmanager/index.jhtml
> using "jcrviewer" doesn't work . . . is that a different app?'

No, jcrviewer from the download site is for JR 1.6 and jcrmanager is for JR 2.0.  I forgot
about that when I replied.

> BTW . . . is it possible to use this app on a repository that is
> already being used by another application?

You can connect over RMI if the other application exposes the RMI server.  Alternative would
be to configure the repository as a JEE resource and make available to both applications (assuming
they are both web apps).  The web.xml and context.xml files in the war file have commented
out sections (taken straight out of JR documentation) that you could use to access another
repository.  The JNDI names will be displayed in the Session menu if any are found.

View raw message