jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Rakesh Vidyadharan <rak...@sptci.com>
Subject Re: Oracle 10g and Jackrabbit
Date Sat, 27 Feb 2010 00:56:57 GMT

On 26 Feb 2010, at 18:52, Neil Lott wrote:

> Thanks Justin,
>
> Even though I can add more that 2450 nodes each time I add a node its really slow after
that number.  What would you suggest for troubleshooting this further?

> Neil

It is going to get slower as the number of child nodes grow.  Your only option with JR is
to partition your tree.  I had run into this issue as well a while ago (although I had only
around 10K under a parent node), and took the usual recommendation of partitioning the tree.
 Performance increased drastically after that.

Rakesh