jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Fran├žois Cassistat...@maya-systems.com>
Subject jcr2spi NodeIterator.getNode() performances
Date Fri, 26 Feb 2010 22:12:50 GMT
Hello list,

I am using jcr2spi on top spi2davex, with JackRabbit 2.0 on a remote server.

I've made a query to the server, it takes :
- 900ms to connect (this is acceptable)
- 500ms to do a XPath query on ~25K nodes with a "order by" close (this is good)
- 1000ms to get the node iterator for the result (this is ok)

And then, between 240ms and 310ms to get each node. Are this normal performances? At all,
it took 16 seconds to load 56 node result. This is unacceptable in my project.

I assume that jcr2spi makes one HTTP query to every NodeIterator.getNode() call. Considered
that I ping the server with ~70ms delay for large packets, are theses delays normal?

I don't know much about spi2davex details, but is there anyway to load all these nodes (and
subnodes?) in one big HTTP request?

Thank you,

Fran├žois