jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Ian Boston <...@tfd.co.uk>
Subject Re: Casandara and Jackrabbit
Date Wed, 17 Feb 2010 10:53:21 GMT

On 17 Feb 2010, at 10:43, Jukka Zitting wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 11:29 AM, Ian Boston <ieb@tfd.co.uk> wrote:
>> Has anyone written a PM or SPI implementation based on Casandra ?
>
> I'm not aware of anything like that, though there's been some
> discussion about persistence on top of distributed databases or hash
> tables. The main problem with such approaches is the eventual
> consistency model that can be troublesome for the current Jackrabbit
> architecture.

Is that because, in a cluster one JR node might get an event that an Item exists, but its
not yet present on the backend its connected to, and there are no guarantees over the order
in which items appear, so, for instance, the hierarchy manager might find a child but not
the parent?

Do you have any pointers to the discussions so I can go and read ?

Thanks
Ian