jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Occures error while merging indexes and java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
Date Wed, 17 Feb 2010 07:44:07 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 3:53 AM, MINT <mintbass@gmail.com> wrote:
> Nowadays, I get java.lang.OutOfMemoryError every 1 or 2 days like below..
> [...]
> I'm running Jackrabbit 2.0 on Tomcat5.5 with max heap memory 1024m..
>
> I don't have any clue why this happens occasionally..
>
> Is there an any way to fix indices or any option not to this happen?

Does the OOM error always occur with the index merger? What's your
maxFieldLength setting? It may be that you have some huge document(s)
indexed, which together with a large maxFieldLength setting may cause
extra memory use during index merging.

Alternatively you may simply be hitting a normal memory limit
especially if you have lots (hundreds) of open sessions accessing the
repository. Increasing the max heap limit should get you around that.

You may also want to try getting a heap dump of the JVM when you see
the memory use go over some limit (80% of max heap). That should help
identify where the memory is going.

BR,

Jukka Zitting