jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JCR query command line client
Date Wed, 10 Feb 2010 16:51:01 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 5:43 PM, Ard Schrijvers
<a.schrijvers@onehippo.com> wrote:
> 2010/2/10 Fabián Mandelbaum <fmandelbaum@gmail.com>:
>> indeed it is! Though I'd like to use it with a local (transient) repo
>> instead of an RMI one... is this possible with the tool 'as is'?
>
> Hmm, you need to connect to a repository, isn't? So, that would be
> either rmi or webdav or..? Not sure how you could use a shell
> embedded, if you mean that.

I think he's referring to the client process starting an embedded
repository instance for accessing the raw repository data on disk.

As an alternative to jcr-shell, you may also want to take a look at
the --cli mode of the jackrabbit-standalone jar in the latest trunk.
To open an embedded repository with it, use:

    java -jar jackrabbit-standalone-2.1-SNAPSHOT.jar --cli
file:///path/to/repository

The tool also supports the RMI and WebDAV remoting layers.

BR,

Jukka Zitting