jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From ChadDavis <chadmichaelda...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JQOM Descendant Node Constraint Problem
Date Mon, 22 Feb 2010 20:10:48 GMT
Okay.  I think I've narrowed it down.  I've found two bugs /
behavioral issues in the DescendantNode factory creation method.

1) Requires that the absolute path ends with a slash

 In other words:

 qomFactory.descendantNode("mySelector","/documents/myFolder" );

does not work, but the following does work:

 qomFactory.descendantNode("mySelector","/documents/myFolder/" );

NOTE:  session.getNode( ) works with both path forms.  For the record,
the JCR specification doesn't show a trailing slash on absolute paths
( Sect. 3.4.4 Absolute and Relative Paths )

2) Even if I construct the path to end in a slash, if my folder name
includes spaces, this too seems to break the factory method.  So, the
following will note work:

 qomFactory.descendantNode("mySelector","/documents/My Folder/" );

Even though the following works just fine:

session.getNode("mySelector","/documents/My Folder/");