jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From ChadDavis <chadmichaelda...@gmail.com>
Subject nuances of importing XML data
Date Wed, 03 Feb 2010 19:31:20 GMT
I would like my app to import some data from system view XML at
startup.  It's a sort of configuration file.  To import my file, I'm
using the following code:

	session.importXML( "/", fileInputStream ,
ImportUUIDBehavior.IMPORT_UUID_COLLISION_REPLACE_EXISTING );

This import occurs, as expected, and the data is imported into my
repository tree.

When I restart my app a second time, the same data is imported and
get's placed as a SNS.  I understand this behavour as well.  However,
my goals are different.  I would like to be able to have the import
act as an "update" to the previously imported data.  In other words, I
want the import to note whether there was any difference in my data,
and, if so, update the existing data with those changes.

Does the API support this?  Perhaps this task is left to me.