jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: UserManagement
Date Tue, 23 Feb 2010 10:41:27 GMT

> 1. How can I change the password for the admin user?

User#changePassword

> 2. How do I remove the anonymous account? It is important, that only one user can even
read his "section", but not other "sections" of the repository, so anonymous would be a security
hit, because anonymous can read the whole repository.

Authorizable#remove

> 3. I don't find a method for reading all "registered" users in the repository. I tried
to access the path "/rep:security/rep:authorizables/rep:users" but this node does not exist
(or I made some other mistake).

there is no API method for that. but with the user manager
implementation in JR it should work with the following

int type = UserManager.SEARCH_TYPE_USER; // or group or authorizable
UserManager#findAuthorizable("rep:principalName", null, type)

(that how the default principal provider collects the complete list,
  which from my point of view is a bad thing to do...)

regards
angela