jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Robbert Uittenbroek <r.m.uittenbr...@rug.nl>
Subject Finetuning (JCR) Search
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2010 08:24:23 GMT
Hello,

I have a question regarding searching (in) the jcr:data property.

We store the contents of our documents in the jcr:content/jcr:data
property. We also have added many custom properties to the jcr:content
node, like creator, modifier, storageStatus and paths.

In most search-cases, we want to search the jcr:data contents only. It
now seems all properties are indexed by Lucene, and when we search we
find files which have the keywords in other properties than jcr:data.
While we do need to be able to search those properties in certain cases,
we also want to be able to search in 'contents only', hence the jcr:data
property. Can this be done, and if so, how? We use the xpath search
expression, and eventhough I've seen the SQL use jcr:data (I believe) as
field to search on, I can't seem to do this with the xpath expression.

Example of the used xpath expression:

/jcr:root/webplatform/www.rug.nl//element(*,
nt:file)/jcr:content[jcr:like(@cms:virtualPathLC, '/corporate/%') and
@cms:type and not(@cms:type='link') and not(@cms:type='folder') and
not(@cms:type='function') and not(@cms:type='metadata') and
jcr:contains(., 'zernike')]/(rep:excerpt()|@cms:type) order by
jcr:score() descending

Any help on this matter would be appreciated.

Kinds Regards,

Robbert Uittenbroek