jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Rakesh Vidyadharan <rak...@sptci.com>
Subject Re: getRootNode() takes 27 seconds...
Date Fri, 26 Feb 2010 18:16:42 GMT

On 26 Feb 2010, at 11:32, Fran├žois Cassistat wrote:

> I have inserted ~25K nodes with ~1500 files (about 1.6G of files) and now Jackrabbit
takes 27 seconds to get the root node, is it normal? Maybe it is because am I using the standalone
server (2.0)? Also I am making tests since jcr2spi.
> I'm a newbie with JackRabbit configuration files, so I did not make much modifications
to repository.xml

In my experience the biggest issue is the number of child nodes under a parent (and not repository
configuration).  The general recommendation is to try and keep child nodes low (1000 does
not seem too bad in my experience), but not 25K under a single parent.

View raw message