jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Rakesh Vidyadharan <rak...@sptci.com>
Subject Re: What are workspaces?
Date Mon, 15 Feb 2010 13:06:15 GMT

On 15 Feb 2010, at 05:26, Alexander Klimetschek wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 19:25, Rakesh Vidyadharan <rakesh@sptci.com> wrote:
>> I was playing around with workspaces and ran into unexpected behaviours.  It seems
that regardless of the workspace my session is bound to, I see the same set of nodes (using
same credentials).  I created the workspace with just name (without option to clone an existing
workspace), then got a session to the newly created workspace expecting no nodes (other than
system generated ones), but was surprised to see the exact same nodes as I usually see with
the default workspace.  I then switched to the security workspace and saw the same data.

> This is weird. Was it your custom nodes that you saw in both workspaces?
>
> Maybe your repository configuration (<Workspace> template in
> repository.xml) is somewhat broken and lets all workspaces point to
> the same directory / db tables / etc. Could you post the
> repository.xml and workspace.xml files?
>
> Regards,
> Alex

Thanks for the pointer to the solution.  It was indeed the workspaces sharing the same database.
 I had (probably copy paste error) in repository.xml under Workspace

<PersistenceManager class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.DerbyPersistenceManager">
      <param name="url" value="jdbc:derby:${rep.home}/db;create=true" /> </PersistenceManager>

Thanks
Rakesh