jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Premkumar Stephen <pre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Storing a jackrabbit repository as versioned files in git
Date Fri, 26 Feb 2010 18:18:55 GMT
Hi Alex,

Can there be a persistence manager that generally does not need to be
optimized but could persist just the tree structure as shown on the API
side?
I am not sure what this is being optimized on, but I could choose to not
optimize on space, etc.
In that case, would reads get slower?

I agree, there should not be external entities changing the files while it
is running.
We shut down our app ( which internally shuts down jackrabbit) and then do
our version control.

Could you help me get started with the implementation of such a persistence,
or is this too deep and complicated for a newbie?

Regards,
Prem