jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Niu, Xuetao" <Xuetao....@fiserv.com>
Subject Jackrabbit2.0.0: Why local file system is needed when I just want to use database?
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2010 12:38:26 GMT
Hello,

Would anyone be so kind to tell me why Jackrabbit requires a homeDir on
my file system though I am using database filesystem and database bundle
persistence?

If I deploy my application in multiple application servers, can they
physically share the same homeDir on a network drive?

If not, should each homeDir be only accessed by one single JVM? Like,
putting the dir in $user.home$ of each machine?

Is there a way to construct/retrieve jackrabbit repository instance
without a configuration file on disk? How about from an input stream?

Thanks in advance!

Xuetao