jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From quipere <jquip...@hotmail.com>
Subject removing a versionable Node and its baseversion within a XA Transaction gives XAException when this Node was created outside a transaction.
Date Fri, 26 Feb 2010 16:25:58 GMT

Using JackRabbit 1.6.1.

When I remove a Node and its versions within a XA transaction I get a
XAException, when this Node was created outside a transaction.

First add a node not using any transaction. After that doing the following
within a XATransaction:

1. remove the added Node
2. remove the baseVersion of the Node
3. commit -> XAException

After debugging I noticed the cause of the XAException is a
ReferentialIntegrityException. It seems within the transaction the removal
of the Node is not added to the changelog. Therefor a
ReferentialIntegrityException is thrown because JackRabbit thinks the
baseVersion is still used by the Node. Which it shoudn't since it is already

The strange thing is, when the Node was also created within a transaction,
all goes well.

I have created a TestCase with the failing and the passing test.

http://n4.nabble.com/file/n1570872/repository.xml repository.xml