jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Rakesh Vidyadharan <rak...@sptci.com>
Subject Re: performance
Date Wed, 10 Feb 2010 16:35:09 GMT
Yes, bundle Db PM with embedded database was the best for me.  I ended up using H2, although
the default repository configuration (Derby) is probably good enough.

Rakesh

On 10 Feb 2010, at 10:22, Luiz Fernando Teston wrote:

> Rajesh,
>
> So, it appears that using database bundle is the best option for my current
> scenario, right?
>
> Thanks for the feedback!
>

> Teston
>
> On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 2:07 PM, Rakesh Vidyadharan <rakesh@sptci.com>wrote:
>
>> If you are going to do a lot of writes, the filesystem option may turn out
>> to be terribly slow.  That was my experience on OS X importing around 40000
>> nodes.
>>
>> Rajesh
>>

>> On Feb 10, 2010, at 9:53 AM, Luiz Fernando Teston <
>> feu.teston@caravelatech.com> wrote:
>>
>> Guo,
>>>
>>> Just curious that is there any performance difference between query

>>> The default repository configuration is already very optimized: embed

>>> see
>>> if it improves the performance or not.
>>>
>>> Write to disk is much expensive than read in general, so it's

>>> We cache information a lot when possible. But this stress test I'm running
>>> will be a massive import. So it has lots of writes and also some queries
>>> avoid duplicate data. It's a very uncommon scenario.
>>>
>>> Thanks for the feedback!
>>>

>>> Teston

Rakesh Vidyadharan
President & CEO
Sans Pareil Technologies, Inc.
http://sptci.com/

| 100 W. Chestnut, Suite 1305 | Chicago, IL 60610-3296 USA |
(312) 276-4410 | E-mail: rakesh@sptci.com