jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Colin Johnston <colin.ii...@gmail.com>
Subject is export / import xml of versioned nodes on the jackrabbit roadmap?
Date Mon, 18 Jan 2010 23:03:38 GMT
Hello,

I have a requirement to re-balance a tree of versioned nodes between JCR
instances for a multi-tenant app. I'm currently running on jackrabbit 1.6,
and will likely migrate to 2.0 when it becomes production-ready. I attempted
to use the exportDocumentView / importXML with versioned nodes and
encountered " javax.jcr.nodetype.ConstraintViolationException: no matching
property definition found for {http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0}baseVersion ".
>From the archives I understand this is an unsupported capability.  I'm
curious if this is a scheduled feature or if it is already supported by the
importXML capability in 2.0?

Regards

ps.  I as backup I can implement custom versioning on top of jackrabbit, but
that seems like a fairly awful idea given that it is already a first class
concept inside your implementation.