jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: custom node types
Date Mon, 25 Jan 2010 12:33:27 GMT
On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 01:14, ChadDavis <chadmichaeldavis@gmail.com> wrote:
> This topic has been discussed at length on this list.  But I found one
> point unclear.
>
> Someone has pointed out that the "custom_nodetypes.xml" file, which is
> created when you programmatically register new node types, can be
> copied into another repository.  That repository will then pickup
> those new node types.
>
> So . . . . why do I need to write any code?  Couldn't I just write the
> custom_nodetypes.xml file and place it in my repo home, restart and
> have the new node types without writing any code?

Because copying it only makes sense if you copy/clone/start a new
repository from scratch. If there are ongoing node type changes via
the JCR / Jackrabbit API, custom_nodetypes.xml will be modified. Also
there is no guarantee that Jackrabbit keeps this node type storing
schema, however registering node types via the JCR API is
standardized.

Regards,
Alex

--