jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Fulltext indexing of binary property
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2010 07:59:26 GMT
On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 11:48, Philipp Bunge <buge@crimson.ch> wrote:
> We use standard indexing configuration, thus, no custom configuration,
> and still can not do a fulltext search on the content of "original".

Binary properties are indexed with the help of full text extractors.
The recent Jackrabbit versions use Apache Tika for that. You can
provide your custom extractors.

See
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/Search
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/TextExtractorExamples
http://lucene.apache.org/tika/

> We could also define "original" as non mandatory sub-node of type
> nt:resource. For simplicity and other reasons we would prefer the
> definition as property.

Indexing does not care about mandatory or not, it will index what is
stored and what the indexing configuration defines.

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek