jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Rakesh Vidyadharan <rak...@sptci.com>
Subject Re: min max query
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2010 13:04:27 GMT
When you deal with non-traditional data store formats (ODBMS, XML, JCR etc), you need to think
a little out of the box.  One way is model your structures such that you store additional
information as separate (or embedded) structures.  A simple technique would be to store separately
the min/max values that are updated as appropriate on each save to the data store.  When you
model your data, keep in mind strengths/limitations of the underlying storage technology and
design accordingly.

Rakesh