jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Guo Du <mrdu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: bundle PM versus db PM
Date Sun, 13 Dec 2009 15:55:49 GMT
On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 1:25 PM, Dennis van der Laan
<d.g.van.der.laan@rug.nl> wrote:
> classes may explain HOW they work, but it's unclear for me which one is
> the most appropriate one to use. I guess, if there are more read-actions
Bundle PM is more appropriate in most of the case because it will
reduce the number of query to db which we know it is VERY expensive.
And we normally access multiple property of the node, it make scence
to have them all loaded together.

> or more large item state changes, the Bundle PM would be the most
> efficient, and if there are more small item state changes (single
> property changes?), the SimpleDB PM would be more efficient, correct?
SimpleDB PM could be faster for some special case. It's easy to switch
back and forth, so you can do some test to find out for your app.

View raw message