jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Luiz Fernando Teston <feu.tes...@caravelatech.com>
Subject Re: looking for versioning and branching documentation or tests
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2009 16:48:56 GMT
I saw that node.checkin() just can be called once to create a new version.
Is it possible to create new parallel versions based on the same node? And
after doing some work on this different versions, is it possible to merge
two or more different versions to create a new merged version?

The spec and other Jcr and Jackrabbit documentation doesn't show a merging
scenario, but it have some methods on javadoc which talks about merging. But
on the other side, the way I found to create new versions (checkin and
checkout on node) only permit to create version nodes on a linear way.

Regards,

Fernando Teston