jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: State of JCR-SQL2
Date Wed, 09 Dec 2009 08:14:37 GMT
Hi,

2009/12/2 Philipp Bunge <buge@crimson.ch>:
> And testing of QOM/SQL2 before a Jackrabbit 2.0 final release? It
> appeared to me that the only JCR-SQL2 tests are currently parsing
> tests but they only test if the queries are parsed without an
> exception (the QOM tree they produce is not verified for example).
> Also, are there any tests that execute QOM or SQL2 queries?

yes, there are. they are part of the jackrabbit-jcr-tests module and
run as integration tests. see:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/trunk/jackrabbit-jcr-tests/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/test/api/query/qom

most tests execute the query twice, once as JQOM and a second one as
SQL2 (-> AbstractQOMTest.checkQOM(...))

but I agree with you that testing QOM is currently quite basic. please
also be aware that performance has not been a focus of development so
far. so you might be better off using XPath for now if you can express
a certain query in XPath.

regards
 marcel