jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Julien Poffet <julienpof...@gmail.com>
Subject Versionning
Date Wed, 09 Dec 2009 14:21:30 GMT
Hi all,

Suppose that the versioning is activate with the property "mix:versionable"
and Jackrabbit runs with a BundlePersistence manager and a filesystem
datastore config.

- How Jackrabbit will react if I modify manually the content of a file
directly in the datastore. A new version of this file will be created? The
file will become corrupted?

- What appends if I push a file, with the name of a file which does already
exist, directly over the WebDav in Jackrabbit? In this case, a new version
will be created? The content will simply be overridden?

The point is that I want to know if Jackrabbit can be used like a kind of
archival tool with the principal requirement that a file stored in
Jackrabbit cant be override by another...

Thanks,
Julien