jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Samuel Cox <crankydi...@gmail.com>
Subject RepositoryCopier requires shutdown of source repositoy?
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2009 12:34:54 GMT
Hi,

I need to backup our repository periodically and anticipate using the
RepositoryCopier class.  I was curious that 2 of the methods in the Javadoc
mention that the source repo must not be modified during the call; however,
the others do not.  Is it possible for me to perform a backup while still
allowing JCR API calls that modify the repo?  In other words, will
RepositoryCopier somehow lock/cache/unlock/flush/etc for me?  I'm guessing
it won't/can't do this.

I'm going to test it, but figured I'd ask anyway.

Thanks.