jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Ian Boston <...@tfd.co.uk>
Subject Re: TermVectors from Jackrabbit Queries
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2009 17:11:44 GMT

On 15 Dec 2009, at 11:04, Ian Boston wrote:

> Hi,
> I am considering how to get TermVectors from Jackrabbit queries, and it looks like an
ExcerptProvider is the best route as it will give me access to the current Lucene Index and
allow me to convert NodeId's into Lucene Docs to extract the terms in the FullText field of
the Lucene Document representing the JCR Node.

> Is this the best way of doing this in Jackrabbit ?

Having looked long and hard through the JR1.6 code base I suspect the answer is no for the
following reason.

1. ExcerptProvider appears to be non selectable, there is on one ExcerptProvider class per
JVM instance, and its not exposed, so I could re-write or extend the ExcerptProvider implementation
but then we would not be able to use rep:excerpt for highlighting.

Is there any other way of getting to the SearchIndex, so that I can get to the Lucene Document
and the TermVector (other than AspectJ or cglib)

Ian