jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Müller <thomas.muel...@day.com>
Subject Re: Invalid item state while adding nodes on different sessions on multi thread environment
Date Wed, 09 Dec 2009 08:37:34 GMT
Hi,

> This problem will come in concurrent request to repository to either add
> content or read content.

That's not fully correct. Multiple session can read from the
repository concurrently. Also, multiple session can write to the
repository concurrently, given that they write in different nodes.

The test case tries to concurrently modify the node '/root'. I know it
doesn't look like it would. But internally, Jackrabbit stores the list
of child nodes at the node itself, that means if you add a node to
'/root' then you implicitly update the node '/root'. And that's where
the conflict occurs.

The exception message is quite strange, it sounds like the problem
occurs on the node '/' (on the root node). I'm not sure why it doesn't
say '/root'.

Regards,
Thomas