jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Müller <thomas.muel...@day.com>
Subject Re: Filesystem versus PersistenceManager questions
Date Mon, 07 Dec 2009 11:17:42 GMT
Hi,

>> Another potential problem is performance.
>
> i beg to differ ;) perfomance of embedded derby is IMO very good,
> especially when
> compared to oracle, mssql, mysql, etc.  h2 might be even a tad quicker though...

Sure. I should have written: "potential problem is performance, when
compared to the commercial Day Tar PM".

Jackrabbit can use Java databases in embedded mode (except when using
clustering). That gives Java databases (Apache Derby, H2, HSQLDB) an
advantage over the other databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL,...). By the
way, from my personal experience, the H2 database is quite a bit
faster than Derby.

Regards,
Thomas