jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Müller <thomas.muel...@day.com>
Subject Re: State of JCR-SQL2
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2009 13:11:00 GMT
Hi,

> state of the JCR-SQL2 implementation in Jackrabbit

Some features that are available in XPath are not yet available when
using SQL-2. I don't know exactly what those feature are however.

> better tested (albeit soon deprecated) query language such as xpath.

XPath is deprecated in the JCR-2 standard. If you want to switch to
other JCR repositories then you may have to change the queries to use
SQL-2. However Jackrabbit will support XPath for a long time - there
are absolutely no plans to deprecate XPath within Jackrabbit.

Regards,
Thomas