jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Torgeir Veimo <torg...@netenviron.com>
Subject Re: permgen issues
Date Thu, 17 Dec 2009 06:19:22 GMT
2009/12/17 Torgeir Veimo <torgeir@netenviron.com>:
> I'm seeing some permgen issues with multiple redeploys under tomcat.
> I've managed to fix dangling thread with derby using
>
> DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:derby:;shutdown=true");
>
> but I'm still seeing some instances of threads named "Timer-14",
> "Timer-"15" etc. I'm wondering if these can be instances of
> org.apache.jackrabbit.spi.util.Timer? I see about three such threads
> waiting while the application is running, but otherwise being idle.
> after redeployment, a single one of these is still waiting.
>
> Any clues to what can be happening here?

My repository is instantiated like thi;

InputStream repositoryXml = servletContext.getResourceAsStream(configFile);
RepositoryConfig config = RepositoryConfig.create(repositoryXml,
repositoryPath);
repository = new TransientRepository(config);

with only this code active, there are no Timers threads created, and
none hangs on webapp redeploy.

If I add a session login & logout, then two Timer threads created, and
the second one of these hangs waiting on webapp redeploy.

Session session = repository.login(new SimpleCredentials("admin", new
session.logout();

--
-Tor