jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Andrey Adamovich <andrey.adamov...@yahoo.com>
Subject Journalling (does it work?)
Date Mon, 14 Dec 2009 13:14:00 GMT
Hello JR users and developers!

Recently we have faced a problem with journalling that seems to resemble the one reproduced
in JCR-1846 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-1846). But that defect is closed and
said to be fixed since 1.5.2, but we are using 1.5.5.

And in relation to that I have several questions:
1) Is "journaling" recommended for production use?
2) Is it true that "journaling" has locking issues because of only one instance of "journal"
accessed by repository?
3) Is it possible to overcome the limitation we have faced and described in JCR-1846 and make
journal do its job?
4) What is the logical/practical limit on the number of cluster nodes participating in "journaling"?
5) How smart or risky is it to implement our own "journaling"?

Best regards,
Andrey